Will You say, "It is Enough"
by Rev Charles Bronson
Key Verse: Genesis 45:25-28
Intro: This is the message sent from Joseph back to Israel to get his father to come to see him where he was. Several things had been told to Jacob to try to convince him that Joseph was yet alive, but when he saw the wagons, he said, “It is enough!” He was convinced. He believed.
Will you today say, “It is enough! I believe! I’m convinced! I trust him with my whole heart!” Will you give up all else and say, “It is enough!” Will you say, “It is enough” to:
You will never be saved while you are sinning and loving the way that you are living. Will you say it is enough to sin? Will you commit to go another route? It is enough of those sins:
- Of Commission: The things that we all agree are wrong, know are wrong, and we still do them anyway.
- Of Omission: The things that you know that you should do, yet you do them not.
- Of Permission: The things that society approves of, and family approves of, and maybe even the church approves of, but in your heart, you know God does not approve of.
I’m tired of doing it all my own way. My way has failed, and my pride is already broken. It is enough, I surrender all! You will never do enough in self to get to heaven or to please God. Say it is enough to the ways of self-religion, and go all the way with the Lord.
- Baptismal Certificate
- Church or Lodge Membership
- Good Works
- Living Right
All these things are to move self in order to attain Christ, but you can never do enough. Say, “It is enough!” to self and surrender all your ways unto the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
He has lied to you and to me, and it is high time to tell him, “It is enough!” John 8:44, “When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it.” He has told us:
- God’s Word is not true. He has been telling this since the garden, but God’s Word has been tested in the fire, in the flood, in the lion’s den, in the prison, in the cemetery, and across time.
- It is not God’s Will to Answer Your Prayers.
- You’ll Have to Give Up Too Much to Get Saved. You will give up some things, but you will be better off! You will trade Satan for a Savior, Sin for Salvation, Sadness for a Song!
- A Loving God Would Not Send Anybody to Hell.
- You’ve Got Plenty of Time To Become a Christian.
James 4:14 “Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”, Psalms 103:15-16 says that man is like flowers and grass that is here but for a season and then passes away.
All human beings are guilty of being slack sometimes. We become careless. Will you say today as a child of God or a sinner needing Jesus, “It is Enough!” I will no longer live in slackness in:
- My Christian Life. It is enough! I will study. I will spend time in prayer. I will surrender to the will of God. I will exercise self-discipline in my lifestyle. It is enough!
- My Community Life. It is enough. I will not be satisfied with slackness in my deeds, my dialect, my discipline, and my dress. It is enough! I will do different!
- My Church Life. It is enough! I will not be slack any more in my attendance, in my attitude, in my actions, or in my attention. Will you say, “It is enough!” to slackness in your church life?
- My Children’s Life. It is Enough! I will not be slack concerning my children’s mates, their music, the material that they read, the manners that they develop, and the things they feed their minds.
- My Ceaseless Life. It is enough! No more will I be slack concerning eternity. Today I say, “It is Enough!!”
Will you say today, “It is Enough! I believe, I trust him, I surrender all!” No more living to sin, self, Satan, and slackness. Today things change by the help of God. I am no longer satisfied with the way things are. “It is Enough!” “Lord, I’m coming home!”