Boldness the Power of Prayer
by Loy Clements
(Springhill, LA. U.S.A.)
Text: Hebrews 4:16
Introduction: The answer to prayer is determined by how bold one is when they come to God's Throne. What is boldness? Boldness is courage to receive mercy, and to find grace in your time of need! Satan uses several things to stop our boldness.
I. Not knowing who we are in Christ
II. Not knowing what God has already promised us in Christ
- II Corinthians 5:17..."Therefore if any men human being be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away, behold all things ARE BECOME NEW."
1. First things first...You must be born-again of the Spirit. John 3:5-8 "that which is of flesh is flesh."
2. Second we have to live as if sin never occurred.
3. Third we must live a pure life as though all of our old life is dead. Our old lifestyle, habits, weaknesses, and sin must be mortified.
Romans 8:13 "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."
How do we do this? Romans 12:1-3...First, present body as a living sacrifice. Second, renewing our mind through meditation and study of God's Word. Third, don't try to keep up with the Jones'. Live you life within the boundaries of your measure of faith. Just find out who God says you are, and live the life He has predestined for you.
- Never put the newness of being in Christ off into your future.
1. "Now faith is" Hebrews 11:1
If you don't have it now by faith in God's Word, then you will never get it.
Jesus went to hell so you and I could have all of the promises of God Psalms 88.
"All the promises of God are yes and amen in Christ Jesus" II Corinthians 1:20. The word amen simply means God has already done it for us, our part is to live by faith in what He says for us to do each day.
2."Ask and it shall be given, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened" Luke 11:9
How hard is it to ask, seek, and knock? It is impossible without faith, confidence, and boldness of your position in Christ.
3. If you abide in Me, and My Word abide in you, you shall ask WHAT YOU WILL, AND IT WHAT YOU WILL SHALL BE ADDED TO YOU." John 15:7
4. Abiding, and continuing in Christ and God's Word is where faith, confidence, and boldness for our prayers can be found.
"Faith comes grows by hearing continually is the understood subject by by the Word of God. Romans 10:17
The perverted word that the carnal minded teaches produces fear, doubt, and unbelief. Hebrews 3:12 teaches us they Children of Israelcould not enter into God's rest because of their evil heart of unbelief.
III. A lack of righteousness
- Genesis 1:26-31 our promise is to be just like God our Father. Having His authority and power in the earth. He rules Heaven, and we are to rule His creation. Too few have the courage to receive what God has given them. Salvation is not just going to Heaven, and missing hell.
Salvation is having the Zoes God's Lifestyle while still on the earth. Righteousness is having right standing before God, where Satan has no voice! Standing boldly as a god-son of the Most High God.
- Religious folks always like to use the verse in Job that says Satan went in before God with the sons of God. Well, we have to first understand at that time before Calvary he had the right to appear before God because Adam Hebrew for man had given his God-given authority over unto Satan. Jesus the second Adam God Man came and got back our authority for all that would simply receive His Lordship over their lives by faith.
"I have come so that they 'human beings] might have life." Zoe is the Greek Word that means to have God's Lifestyle]. "And to have it Zoe more abundantly" John 10:10. I don't know about you; but when I read the word abundant I begin to see myself with millions of dollars, and other forms of great wealth.
In other words confidence, faith, and boldness grow huge in my heart. We have let the world religion lie to us for to long. One promise I want you to meditate on is "God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servants." This word servant does not mean a slave! It is referring to those that serve the Lord with willing hearts.
"They that are faithful in little, shall be masters of much." God and family multi-millionaires; preaching the Gospel in all the world as a witness, and then the end shall come. Paul a missionary wrote and said Jesus became poor; so that we as His seed could be rich, and grow in the grace of seed time and harvest.
Get over the lies of Satan that to be a Christian, you'll have to live in poverty, and lack. That is how the devil has kept most Christians on the wrong side of the tracks. Cross over into the abundant promise land found in Christ.
To live in the Spirit is to live in abundance! To walk in the Spirit is to walk in abundance not fulfilling the lust desires of your flesh.
IV. Not having enought faith in the name of Jesus
- What causes a lack of knowledge concerning righteousness? According to Hosea 4:6 it comes from rejecting revelation knowledge. Revelation is not knowledge that men teach; but it is knowledge spoken into our heart from God Himself!
We see this in Peter's life Matthew 16:17 "And Jesus answered and said, Blessed empowered to prosper and be successful in Zoe life art thou, Simon Barjona; for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, BUT MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN."
- Boldness comes as we sit and learn at Jesus feet. Isaiah 40:28-31 "Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding. He giveth power to the faint, and to them that hath no might He increaseth strengeth.
Even the youth shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that waiteth on the Lord shall renew their strengeth; they shall mount up with wings of eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Luke 10:38-42 "But one thing is needful."
"The name of Jesus and faith in that name has made this man whole. Anytime the Name of Jesus is spoken and that Name is released in faith, confidence, and boldness the end results will always be wholeness! This is why Jesus commanded us to go into all the world in His Name. Never try going in your name, the name of a church, or the name of a religious denomination. News flash: there is no wholeness in any name other than Jesus' Name!Conclusion:
Without faith, confidence, and boldness in our prayer they are duds, and will always misfire. Prayers that don't bring results, are prayers that are a waste of your time and God's time. Pray prayers that produce results and make pleasure come to your Father God. Amen!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Loy Clements Sermons.
© 2008-2028 - All rights reserved.
No content on preachology.com may be printed or
copied to any other site without permission.