Check Your Phishing Filter!
by Dennis Michelson
I Peter 5:8
Introduction: Phishing is the attempt to acquire sensitive information by fraudulent means. This is done regularly on computers today. The "phisher" seeks to gain something by causing harm to you. Phishing can only be successful if you give some level of cooperation.
This text says the Devil is "phishing" around the earth seeking whom he may devour. There is much we can do to filter out the effectiveness of his attacks and ensure that our lives and testimonies are not devoured.
1. Your Attitude "Be sober, be vigilant"
2. Your Adversary "the Devil"
- Sober: An inside issue. Keep a clear head and a clean heart. The keys are to increase humility and decrease anxiety (Galatians 5:5-6)
- Vigilant: An outside issue. Do not fall asleep and lay aside your armor (Ephesians 6:10-17)
People tend to develop one of the following attitudes -
Foolish - "no problem" Psalm 14:1
Fear - "no solution" Luke 8:24
Fanatic - "no balance" I Timothy 1:4-7
Faith - "no fear" Philippians 1:27-30
3. His Aim "Devour"
- He will use the words of others to obscure the work of God (I Samuel 1:4-7)
- He will use the actions of others to obscure the way of God (I Timothy 5:14)
- He will use the sins of others to obscure the Word of God (Galatians 2:13-14)
- The Devil wanted to devour Christ (Rev. 12:14)
- The Devil wants to devour you (I Peter 5:8)
- Sadly, we may do the Devil's job for him (Galatians 5:13-15)
C.S. Lewis said "There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. The devils are pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight."
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Dennis Michelson Sermons.
© 2008-2028 - All rights reserved.
No content on preachology.com may be printed or
copied to any other site without permission.