by Mike Elder
I. Enoch's Special Description.
II. Enoch's Spiritual Devotion.
- "He had this testimony" - Hebrews 11:5
1. Prov. 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
* Read: Jude 14-15 *
2. Enoch's testimony had an effect on his relationship with God.
- "He pleased God." - Hebrews 11:5
What kinds of things please God?
Thanksgiving and praise.
The knowledge of God‘s Word.
Love toward God; the fear of the Lord.
A surrendered life.
Justice; doing good.
Pleasing God involves more than the avoidance of "serious sin." Failure to abide by some of the most basic principles of the kingdom will grieve the Spirit of God.
1. Having Unbelief and Doubt. Hebrews 11:6
2. Being a Luke-warm Christian. Hebrews 10:38
“I will Spew you out of my mouth” Rev 3:16
1. Accepted by God because of his Faith.
Every child of God can be faithful.
a. Romans 12:3...according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
b. Faith is more than mere confidence.
Faith requires belief in the unbelievable. The unimaginable, The impossible.
c. 1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
2. Approved by God because of his Faith
a. Heb. 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
b. Phil. 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
III. Enoch's Supernatural Departure.
- ”Enoch walked with God." - Genesis 5:24
1. Relationship with God in a Wayward World
2. Righteousness before God in a Wicked World
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
3. Readiness with God by a Worshipful Walk.
- “for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God” - Heb 11:5
1. What is the current condition of your heart/life?
2. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, Philippians 3:13
- "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." - Heb. 11:5
- "He was not, because God took him." - Genesis 5:24
1. A Personal Rescue "that he should not see death" (Heb 11:5)
Turn to: I Corinthians 15:50-58
2. A Promised Return
a. 2 Thessalonians 4:13-18
b. 2 Peter 3:3-9
3. A Prophetic Rapture "because God took him" (Gen 5:24)
2 Peter 3:10-11
A few things about the Rapture:
It is Immanent!
It will be Instant!
It is by Invitation only! “wedding garments”
Enoch became “caught up” in his walk with God. Daily we see the signs that point to us the fact that we are living near the end of the end time. Are you walking with God? Are you caught up, sold out, on fire, and surrendered?
Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your draweth nigh.