Funeral: Is there any word from the Lord?
by Doug Warren
(Brandon MS USA)
Text: Jeremiah 37:17 "Then the King asked Jeremiah "IS THERE ANY WORD FROM THE LORD?" And Jeremiah answered: "THERE IS!!"
1. At a time of sudden loss of a loved one, with so many unanswered questions before us, we can identify with the King's question. We, too, may be asking "Is there ANY word from the LORD?"
2. Like Jeremiah, I can confidently say to you, even at your point of grief "THERE IS"
I. THERE IS A WORD ABOUT OUR HURT
II. THERE IS A WORD ABOUT OUR HELP
III. THERE IS A WORD ABOUT OUR HOPE
I. ABOUT OUR HURT:
1. God knows about grief...He is a Man of sorrows, acquainted with Grief. He UNDERSTANDS our hurt, our confusion, our fears, our gut-wrenching hurt...it is NORMAL at this juncture to hurt.
II. ABOUT OUR HELP:
1. Our help comes from the LORD..who understands our hurt and is ready to HELP US work through our loss and our grief.
2. We can "cast all our cares upon Him for He cares for us."
III. ABOUT OUR HOPE:
1. Because Jesus died and rose again death has been defeated and we believers have VICTORY. Jesus promised that He would "Receive us unto Himself" when our purposes on earth are fulfilled. (John 14:6).
2. Jesus promised an ETERNAL dwelling place called Heaven to those who receive Jesus as Savior...it is described in Revelation as a place of RELIEF, REST, REWARD, AND REUNION.
3. THIS HOPE IS ASSURANCE GUARANTEED BY JESUS HIMSELF
Conclusion: "Is there ANY word from the LORD?" "THERE IS!!"
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Sermons.
© 2008-2028 - All rights reserved.
No content on preachology.com may be printed or
copied to any other site without permission.