Hope for Mothers Who Have Failed
by Dennis Michelson
Introduction: We have all failed. Even if we had been perfect parents, that does not guarantee perfect children. God's grace and mercy are essential for the best of mothers and the worst of mothers.
FOUR BASIC PRINCIPLES:
1. Motherhood is A Divine Institution
It comes from revelation not evolution. See Genesis 3:20 and Exodus 20:12.
2. God Defines the Nature and Responsibilities of Motherhood
They are biblical and not cultural.
(1) Mothers attend to the physical and emotional needs of children Isaiah 49:15; 66:13; I Thessalonians 2:7.
(2) Mothers attend to the moral, spiritual, and social needs of children Proverbs 1:8; 6:20-23; Eph. 6:1-4
3. No Woman is up to the Task of Mothering as God Designed It
Romans 3:23; Luke 17:10; Matthew 5:48. God's standard for salvation and motherhood are so high that grace is needed in both cases.
4. God Makes Motherhood Work for Mothers Who Seek Christ Consistently
Isaiah 1:2. You are not a failure even if your children fail, unless you failed God first. You are responsible for faithfulness to God. I Timothy 3:4 teaches us that you can make your children be in subjection but you cannot make them be in salvation.
1. Communicate Strong Love to Each Child
Failure to do this makes every other parental failure worse.
2. Demonstrate a Proper Reverence for God
3. Discipline Enough so they can Discipline Themselves
Proverbs 29:15 and Hebrews 12:9-11.
4. Do Not Fail to Love Your Husband
Ephesians 5:22-24 and I Peter 3:1-6.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Dennis Michelson Sermons.
© 2008-2028 - All rights reserved.
No content on preachology.com may be printed or
copied to any other site without permission.