Sarah part 3
by John Thomas Lowe
Although there are many more things that happened in Sarah’s life, she has left a legacy that serves as something to consider by believers today:
• Sarah was the mother of nations: Genesis 17:15-16
• Sarah was beautiful: Genesis 12:11
• Sarah was impatient when it came to believing God’s promises being fulfilled: Genesis 15:3-4; Genesis 16:1-6; Genesis 18:12-15
• Sarah could be jealous and harsh when things did not work out how she wanted: Genesis 16:4-6; Genesis 21:9-11
• Sarah was honored by God despite her imperfections: Genesis 17:15-16
• Sarah’s faith enabled her to be strengthened to conceive and deliver Isaac in her old age: Hebrews 11:11-12
• Sarah’s faith resulted in a changed life when it came to her relationship with her husband: 1 Peter 3:1-7
Sarah was a beautiful woman who initially lived her life lacking faith in God’s promises and ability to do what He said He would do. Her impatience resulted in poor decisions that revealed she could be jealous and harsh. However, as her faith grew, she became a great woman of faith that God used to fulfill His plan. Sarah’s story shows us that it does not matter who we are, where we come from, our age, or any other personal strengths or weaknesses. God can produce changes in us through our faith, resulting in miraculous influence in our personal and extended relationships for generations to come.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to John Lowe Sermons.
© 2008-2028 - All rights reserved.
No content on preachology.com may be printed or
copied to any other site without permission.