Serve The Lord with Gladness
by Dominic Fede
Psalm 100 King James Version (KJV)
1Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
• Who wrote the Psalm 100 we don’t know
• All we know is that the psalmist tells us to serve the Lord
• And worship the Lord
• A Psalm is a Hymn of praise to God
• Sung in the temple
• A Psalm is poetry
• A Psalm is singing to the Lord, with all the heart
• So that the Psalmist can enter into the Presence of God.
• And lead others in the temple, into the presents of God also
What is the requirement to serve the Lord with Gladness ?
Lets look at the Psalm for Answers
1. You must know that Lord is God v3
a. You must be born again into Gods kingdom
b. And have a relationship with God every day
c. And proclaim God has your Lord and master
d. If you cant d this
e. You cant truly sing this Psalm to the Lord with all the heart
2. That God made you v3
a. I am very amazed how many Christians believe today
b. We where created in a big bang
c. And everything came has a big chance
d. We need to realise God created us
e. Many people don’t like there appearance
f. Many people think They’re ugly
g. Let me tell You that god never create rubbish
h. Everything You see in your body God created it
i. Your eyes
j. Your nose
k. Your face
l. Your ears
m. Your arms
n. Your fingers
o. Your legs
p. Your foot
q. Your knees
r. Everything was created by God
Psalm 139:14King James Version (KJV)
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
3. That we are His people v3
a. Did you know that we belong to God
b. When we ask Jesus to come into our life
c. We do not belong to ourselves anymore
Corinthians 6:19King James Version (KJV)
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
d. We cannot do what we want with our bodies
e. Our Body has become Gods property
f. You belong to God
g. We are part of Gods family
4. That we enter his courts with praise all the time v4
5. Being thankful to him v4
Why does the Psalmist say serve the Lord with Gladness ?
1. There are some that don’t serve the Lord with Gladness
a. We are constantly reminded of the People of Israel in the bible
b. They sometimes don’t serve the Lord with Gladness
c. They complained a lot
2. Its reminder to serve the Lord with Gladness
3. Even if at times becomes tuff, we are a to serve the Lord with Gladness
a. Jesus did it, read
Hebrews 12:2King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
4. God loves it when we serve him with Gladness
5. Its easier to serve the Lord when you have gladness in heart
a. Gladness is like fresh oil on the body
b. Gladness is like fresh oil on the soul
c. Gladness is like a fresh oil in our energy levels
d. God loves keeping us alive with Gladness
6. Its tool of evangelism showing the world that you love to serve the Lord
7. The Christian should always be happy to serve the Lord
What stops us serving the Lord with Gladness ?
1. Sin in our life
3. Not having fellowship with the Lord
5. To much television
6. To much work to do
7. We stop praying
8. We stop praising God
9. We stop reading the bible
10. We stop putting into practice what the bible tells
11. Lack of forgiveness for us
14. Being cheated by a brother
15. Disobeying the Lord
18. Felling guilty
19. No money
Why did the Holy Spirit allow this Psalm in the Bible ?
1. So that we will read it all the time
2. Meditate on it
3. And do what it says
4. So when we are down we know how to lift ourselves up with Gods help
5. Its good for us
2 Timothy 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God
may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
6. Its Good for the mind
7. Its Good for our soul
8. We can do it
9. God never tells us something we cannot do
10. Its to test us to see if we are doing what God wants us to do
11. Its to Examine our selves, if we are still happy to serve the Lord
12. We all need to serve the Lord with Gladness
Why is this Psalmist the writer Unknown in this passage ? Why is His name is not mentioned ?
1. We don’t know why
2. We can only speculate the reasons
3. The holy spirit has his reasons for not mentioning his name
4. So that we don’t put the finger on the Psalmist
5. We don’t look at the person and say he is not doing this And criticize him
6. But we look at the message
7. The message is very important
8. What is the message ? “ Serve the Lord with Gladness”
9. The message is very important
10. Are you getting the message this morning ?
11. Serve the Lord with Gladness ?
Why did the Holy Spirit make this Psalm Short ?
1. So it we can remember this Psalm
2. So that we can memorise it
3. So that we can print it out and put in on our wall
4. With Big letters a
Why serve the Lord with Gladness ?
1. Everything about God is good v5
2. His love is good
3. His promises are good
4. His works are good
5. He keeps you alive
6. His commandments are not too hard
7. His Promises are true and honest
8. He forgives our sins
9. He will not remember our sins anymore Ps 103
10. God himself is cheerful
11. He is alive
12. He has all the power
13. All the control
14. Serve the Lord and you will be satisfied
15. He will give all the desires of your heart
16. He is your friend
17. He is my friend
18. He will protect you
19. God has never done anything wrong to us
20. God is full of mercy v5
21. Gods mercy last for a long time v5
22. When we make Mistakes God is not like a man that Punishes Like the court do
23. The is Devil defeated
24. We Have Eternal life
25. God is truthful v5
26. The Rewards of are very good
What is the message of the Psalmist ?
1. Everyone Make a Joyful noise to the Lord v1
2. Serve the Lord with Gladness v2
3. Sing before the Lord v2
4. Know That the Lord is God v3
5. God made you v3
6. We are his people v3
7. Thank the Lord v4
8. Praise the Lord v4
What is serving the Lord according to this passage ?
1. Making a Joyful noise to the Lord v1
2. Going before Gods presence v2
3. Singing to the Lord v2
4. Hearing what the psalmist is saying and excepting it v3
5. Acknowledging that God has made us v3
6. To be humble before the Lord
7. Not to be boastful say That God did not make us
8. Obeying what the Psalmist is telling us to do v4
How does the Psalmist tell us to do these things ?
1. He says it Joyfully
2. With all his heart
3. With his voice
4. In words that are simple
5. In a way we can understand
6. In a controlled environment
7. With self-control
8. Loudly so that everyone can hear it
9. He tells us in away that it gives us Incentive to Praise God
a. Have you ever heard someone pray with all his heart ?
b. Have ever heard someone praise with all there heart
c. It gives them Incentive to praise
d. And lead them into the throne room of Glorious presence of God
e. I have lead many people in praise
f. I have seen many people follow me in Praise
g. Simply because I praised God with all my heart
Why does the Psalmist sing these words ?
1. Because the Psalmists knows God will enjoy it
2. The heavenly Hosts will enjoy it
3. Because Psalmist knows we will enjoy it
4. Because God has given him permission to sing praise
5. Given him the power to sing it
6. So that people will join in singing
In Conclusion :
What can we learn from this passage ?
1. We must serve the Lord With Gladness
2. In Good times and in bad times like Jesus
3. Gladness must always be the Christians life
4. If you are not Glad in your Christian life
5. There is something wrong
6. We must come Before God and ask him, why we are not Glad to serve the Lord
7. Gladness is good for us
8. You can only have Gladness if you have relationship God
9. Nothing else
10. No where else will you find Gladness Except In God’s presence.
11. Are you glad this morning ?
12. Or are you sad
13. Come to God this morning and get happiness joy and peace
14. And what the Psalmist tells you
15. Serve the Lord with Gladness.