THE DANGERS OF JOURNEYING BACKWARD
by ALOGUN LUKEMON PESU
(ADO-ODO, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA)
LUKE 10:25-37; 15:18-20, PSALM 127:1-2; 137:1-4.
This message is about a man travelling from the right place to the wrong place. On the course of his travelling, he encounter many difficulties.
Jerusalem is a blessed city of the Lord while Jericho is the opposite.
A. DANGERS OF BACKSLIDING
1. The man fell among the thieves
2. The thieves stripped him his belongings
3. The thieves wounded him and leave him half-death
B. THE PLAN OF SAFETY
1. By the Priest: The Priest failed
2. By the Levite: The Levite failed
3. By the Samaritan: The Samaritan succeeded
C. SYMBOLICALLY, WHO ARE THESE FIVE PEOPLE
1. The Traveller is a believer who backslided
2. The Thieves are the agent of devil
3. The Priest is the uncaring shepherd
4. The Levite is a leader that denied his duty
5. The Samaritan is the Saviour.
I pray the Lord will deliver you from untimely death in Jesus name. Amen
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Sermons.