Why we Should celebrate Christmas
by Pastor Domenico Fede
2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place whilea Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.
4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.
8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”
16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.
• Here we have the story when Jesus was born according to Luke
• Everyone Had to go to there own home town to be registered
• So when Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem
• Jesus was born
• And there where shepherds in the field
• And Angels appeared to them
• And They where afraid
• And the Angel Said don’t be afraid
• We bring you good tidings to you
• There is a Savior that has been born to you
• Go find him he is in A manger
• And the Shepard’s went to find out if this was true
• And they Found to be true & told everyone
What I would like to talk about is why we should celebrate Christmas.
• There are so many people out there
• Saying we should not celebrate Christmas
• There are many Christians that say we should not celebrate Christmas because it is pagan festival.
• Others say we should not Celebrate Christmas because it will offended other religions
• But I say today we should Celebrate Christmas
• Now I know Christmas is not the 25th of December
• It is something that Constantine put in many centuries ago
• And I know the word Christmas is bit miss leading Christ – Mass
• I don’t Believe we should do a Mass every time when we celebrate Christmas every year like some churches do
• But Christmas should be celebrated
What want to talk about is
1. Why Should Us Christians Celebrate Christmas ?
2. What should we do for the Christmas message ?
3. What is the True Christmas for the Christian ?
I. Why Should Us Christians Celebrate Christmas
1. Because Jesus Was born v7 (7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.)
2. Because the Angel of the Lord told the Good News v10 (10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news)
3. Its Good News (v10 I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.)
4. Because it brings Great Joy for all People v10 (that will cause great joy for all the people )
5. Because there is evidence that Jesus was born (12 This will be a sign to you)
6. Because Angel Celebrated his Birth (13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,)
7. Because Jesus birth Brings Glory to God ( 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,) – anything brings Glory is good and proper
8. Because What happened was true ( 15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”)
9. It helps us to spread the Good News about Gods love (17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child,)
10. Its greatest Avant for Christians
11. There 2 Avant’s for Christians
a. 1) Christmas
b. 2) Easter
12. Because God gave us a gift to us
i. It was the best gift
ii. No one else could give the same
13. To Remember what God has done in the past
14. That we don’t forget about Christmas
15. We don’t forget about God
16. We Don’t forget about Jesus
17. We Don’t forget about the Holy Spirit
18. We don’t forget about the Angels
19. We Don’t forget about Bethlehem
20. We Don’t forget the Joy it brought to the world
21. We Don’t forget about the true story
22. We don’t forget about our Salvation
23. We Don’t forget that Jesus came in the flesh
24. To Encourage us
25. It to make us happy
26. To Give us hope
27. Its to change peoples thinking about Christmas
28. It’s a time where we can preach the Gospel
29. A Time to reflect what God has done
30. Its time to Be like God
i. To be Gracious
ii. To be Forgiving
iii. To be Full of Mercy
iv. To be Caring
v. To be Loving
vi. To be Honest
vii. Looking out to other people
viii. A Time to be sensitive to other peoples needs
ix. It’s a time be together having fellowship
x. It’s a time to bring others to church
xi. It’s a time to Praise God
xii. It’s a time to forgive
xiii. It’s a time be mindful of God
xiv. Its time to think of God
xv. Its time to please God
xvi. It’s a Time To Read your bible
xvii. It’s a time to not be Drunk –( I have seen Christians Drunk )
xviii. Its time be on your best behavior
xix. Its time to have self-control
xx. It’s a time represent Christ
xxi. It’s to forget about yourself think of others
II. What should we do for the Christmas message ?
1. We Should protect it
a. Why ?
b. its one of the greatest things God ever did for man
c. Its very important for the human Race
d. Its very needy for the non Christians
2. It is one of the greatest tools the Christian has
3. There are many people out there who are trying to destroy the Christmas message
4. Who is trying Destroying Christmas ?
a. The Devil is trying to Destroy Christmas
i. Why ?
ii. Christmas is very dangerous to the Devil
iii. Christmas message will safe people for eternity.
b. Television is trying to destroy the Christmas message
c. Cartoons are trying to destroy the Christmas message
d. Hollywood is trying to destroy the Christmas message
e. Walt Disney is trying to destroy the Christmas message
f. Santa Clause is trying to destroy Christmas message
g. Education is trying to destroy the Christmas message
h. Schools are trying to destroy the Christmas message
i. Preschools trying to destroy the Christian message
j. Universities trying to destroy the Christmas message
k. Evolutionist are trying to destroy the Christian message
l. Science is trying to destroy the Christian message
m. Un belief is trying to destroy the Christmas Message
n. Atheist are trying to destroy the Christmas message
o. Shops are trying to destroy the Christmas message
p. Advertising is trying to destroy the Christmas message
q. People that don’t standup the Christian message is destroying the message
5. We Should not talk bad about it
6. We Should talk about Christmas all the time
III. What is the True Christmas for the Christian ?
1. When you ask Jesus into your life
a. Have you asked Jesus into your life ?
b. You can tonight because of the Jesus was born
c. What is Christmas when was born
2. When Jesus enter the person life
3. When we have eternity in his heart
4. When Jesus is in Control of your life
5. Christmas is everyday for the Christian
6. When a Christian brings another person into the Kingdom
In conclusion :
What can I say about this passage and Message ?
1) We should celebrate Christmas because God did
a. Even though it wasn’t called Christmas
b. And man gave the name
c. We should still celebrate it
d. Because it makes us remember Christ’s Birth into the World
2) We Should protect Christmas
a. Because it is one of the greatest tool the Christian has for Evangelism
b. Because it reminds us of Christ the Birth
c. Anything that reminds us about Jesus is a good thing
d. Anything that reminds us of Gods glory is a good thing
e. Christmas did really happen that’s why we should talk about Christmas
3) What is the Christians true Christmas ?
a. When Jesus enters a person life
b. When Jesus lives in a person
c. And He is there every day of his life
d. That is true Christmas
e. For the Christian, Christmas is every Day !